Monday, February 14, 2011

Volume 1: Day 3

Day Three:

Today I explored a cave.

Right, let me explain.
When I woke up this morning, my back hurt yet again. (I really need a bed...) so I wasn't in the mood to swim around. So, I made a boat. I took the boat out to the spot where I had found the iron and began digging with my BRAND NEW STONE PICKAXE. Sadly, the vein only had around five blocks.
Luckily, behind the vein was pure awesomeness. A cave!

It was simply beautiful.
I placed a few torches to light up the cave, and dove down into the water. When I surfaced, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Coal! Craploads of it! It had to be around twenty lumps in that vein alone.
I kept exploring the cave, I found around four more blocks of iron. Luckily, it opened up onto the surface, near the spot where I had cut down those trees. So, I headed home with my riches.

When I got home, I made a few more torches, and a few more blocks of sandstone. I arranged them on the front of my house to make a porch of sorts. I also decided to begin construction on a storage closet. I only got the wall up before the sun rose. I'll have to finish it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment